Monday 16 November 2009

1. Self-diagnosed Sunday Depression Syndrome and the start of the song 'Sunday, you suck.'

Dear Monday,

I definitely have SSDS. Yesterday, that dreaded cousin of yours, was just too much for me. Over the last few weeks I have tried so many different techniques for making Sundays better and none so far have managed to work. I've tried:

- drinking all day Sunday
- roast dinners
- take away food
- working in my studio
- hanging out with friends
- going away
- being on my own
- staying in on Saturdays, and not being hungover
- doing exercise
- watching football (the best option but involves some drinking and having a rubbish Friday and Saturday)

On this most recent Sunday I had just had enough. I opened up a few free-to-download music making computer programs and started to pen down all my frustrations with the 7th day of the week. I got as far as a catchy Acid House intro with sound-bites of the noise Timmy Mallett's mallet made as it hit a child's head. I thought my fondest memory of any other day of the week (before adulthood and that 'Friday feeling') was Saturday and Timmy was my man. He could help be the vessel in which I tackled Sunday. Needless to say, after writing the below verse and manufactory a good intro, I came unstuck. It turns out it is going to take a bit more planning and some serious freeware finding before any audience gets to hear a thing worth hearing. But that's the aim of this exercise after-all. To have a distraction each and every Sunday that is creative and educational whilst also like councelling for offloading my venom. So, as well as an acid house intro, the below verse was penned but as yet unrecorded:

Sundays, you suck,
Mondays are far from great but make you look like a punch in the face,
which says a lot,
yeah says a lot,
as you have to work on a Monday and it's still better.

And my pathetic GarageBand Acid House track track so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment